Senior Software Engineer 1
With offices in Sydney, Christchurch, Auckland, and Boulder, Trineo delivers custom technology solutions for global organi[sz]ations. Our work tackles system integration and data brokering, API development, and highly specific customer and employee applications. As an agile team, we present a complete service offering -- with senior advisory services, product and project management, business analysis, UX, and engineering. We’re known for our ability to ship valuable work into production in complex and challenging environments.
We believe the best work is done when everyone is aligned with shared values, no matter the different backgrounds, skill sets, experiences, and dreams we bring. Our culture is ever-changing, evolving with every new Trineo, but our ways of working are based on values that remain steady.
Last but not least, Trineo is proudly a Certified B Corporation, joining the growing number of companies using business as a force for good. Certified B Corporations meet rigorous standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance purpose and profit. This enables us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, community, and planet.About the role
Here’s the thing. Small (lowercase-a) agile teams will run rings around a traditional software development team. They adapt to change, make quick decisions, communicate better, and are simply more effective.
This insight continues to guide us after 11 years as a boutique software consultancy. Our teams blend product, design, and engineering thinking, to deliver sustained competitive advantage to our customers through the thoughtful creation of high-quality software.
And we solve hard problems. Almost all of our work involves the meaningful application of customer identity & access management, event-driven systems, and APIs to manage data (lots of data) to deliver digital experiences. We build thoughtfully designed web and mobile applications using modern engineering patterns and software.
With that, we’re looking for a Senior Engineer to join one of our world-class product development teams, contributing to one of the many strategic technology platforms that we build for our customers, serving millions of users around the globe.What you’ll do
- End-to-end responsibility for your own work, common code bases, and standards for the team - on individual customer projects and broadly across Trineo’s engineering efforts.
- Use empathy to understand the users of the software you create, to identify risks in code, features, and design, and communicating these to Trineo colleagues and people in client roles
- Building, testing, and delivering working software that achieves its goals.
- Take part in daily stand ups with your team.
- Collaborate with your Product Owner and UX Designer.
- Share your knowledge and learn from your team, a rising tide lifts all boats.
- Take a breather with coffee walks, Slack catch-ups, or unplug with some whitespace.
- Build and ship great software.
- You have deep technical knowledge in your chosen area (typically 5+ years experience and recognized by your peers) with a matching understanding of best practices.
- You are comfortable sharing your ideas or concerns with both technical and non-technical team members.
- You are also comfortable with non-functional aspects of your work, such as security and performance, in order to deliver well-rounded, capable applications.
- You’re comfortable optimizing and securing your work.
- Testing and documentation are second nature to you.
- You're experienced with test-driven development and comfortable with agile.
- You communicate effectively, participate in code reviews, and seek to share with, and learn from, others.
- You enjoy taking responsibility for complex tasks and completing them end to end - you agree that it’s not done until it’s in production.
- Writing SQL, optimizing query performance, and DB design
- Development and consumption of APIs & the front end applications that consume them
- Excellent working knowledge of Git
- Experience working with PaaS and IaaS providers like Heroku and AWS
- Experience with optimizing high-performance applications under significant load
We're an agile, dynamic company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Trineo is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Trineo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
- Health Care Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Family Leave
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Wellness Resources