Expression of interest: NodeJS Backend Developer - Contract
With offices in Sydney, Christchurch, Auckland, and Boulder, Trineo delivers custom technology solutions for global organisations. Our work tackles system integration and data brokering, API development, and highly specific customer and employee applications. As an agile team, we present a complete service offering -- with senior advisory services, product and project management, business analysis, UX, and engineering. We’re known for our ability to ship valuable work into production in complex and challenging environments.
We believe the best work is done when everyone is aligned with shared values, no matter the different skill sets, experiences, and dreams we bring. Our culture is ever-changing, evolving with every new Trineo, but our ways of working are based on principles that remain steady.
About the role
We’re looking for a Contract Senior Back-End Engineer to join our team for approximately 6 months. You will be part of a growing global professional services practice in the process of expanding our worldwide footprint. You will have the opportunity to work in a diversely skilled team as described above.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone experienced with Node, AWS Lambda, Kinesis and wielding them to write Serverless applications. We’ll also be creating, and consuming from, a number of APIs and event streams. The initial focus will be on these backend pieces but may in future extend into the front-end via discrete React applications.
What you’ll do
- Join a team of four, plus yourself, engineers working on the API and event-driven architecture as part of a large transformation project
- Help drive architectural decisions as part of the team, and then see through their implementation
- Perform spikes to yield a set of potential solutions, each with pros and cons
- Take part in the teams agile delivery, using continuous integration, test-driven development, consistent peer review, and pair programming
- Thrive when working within an Agile, cross-functional, and distributed / remote team
- Apply patterns, use maxims and be contextually driven as a Senior Engineer 1
- Typically, 6+ years of overall experience
- Backend with emphasis on Node JS and in particular the Serverless Application Framework
- Solid experience with the development and consumption of REST & GraphQL APIs
- Working knowledge of Git
- Experience working with cloud hosting technologies, in particular AWS and its event focused components, e.g. Lambda.
- Experience with optimizing high-performance applications under significant load
- Understand the importance of communication and teamwork in an agile team
- Service-Oriented and Microservices Architecture experience
- Experience working with event streams EG: Amazon Kinesis
- Identity Management (Authentication and Authorization)
- Experience developing React applications
- A thorough understanding of security principles, common exploits and an interest in recent advisories and corresponding mitigation strategies
We're an agile, dynamic company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do.
- Work From Home - Flexible hours
- Free Food & Snacks