Senior Experience Designer (Contract)
With offices in Australia, New Zealand, and the United States, Trineo delivers custom technology solutions for global organi[sz]ations. Our work tackles system integration and data brokering, API development, and highly specific customer and employee applications. As an agile team, we present a complete service offering -- with senior advisory services, product and project management, business analysis, UX, and engineering. We’re known for our ability to ship valuable work into production in complex and challenging environments.
We believe the best work is done when everyone is aligned with shared values, no matter the different skill sets, experiences, and dreams we bring. Our culture is ever-changing, evolving with every new Trineo, but our ways of working are based on principles that remain steady.
Last but not least, Trineo is proudly a Certified B Corporation, joining the growing number of companies using business as a force for good. Certified B Corporations meet rigorous standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance purpose and profit. This enables us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, community and planet.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Experience Designer to join us on a part-time (20 hours/week) and contract basis (3 months). The role will be focused on designing and delivering a quality user experience for one of our client projects.
What you’ll do
- Design Thinking: You will be our advocate for design thinking while using your experience across many verticals/domains/industries to explore and understand our Client’s strategy and needs. Our designers are empowered and expected to think at a strategic level, helping in piecing together the grand vision.
- User Experience & Design: You will be working with stakeholders to design user flows through an application in the Salesforce environment. You will need to understand the users needs, build process diagrams, wireframe UIs and design high-fidelity prototypes that follow the best practices of Lightning Design System in Salesforce.
- Ideation and socialization: You will be the conduit to gaining and establishing alignment across the Trineo & customer team of how a complex set of interactions come together in a Client app. Excellent presentation and communication skills will be a key to success. You will be one of our internal ‘go-to’ people who understand and use UX/UI design best practices, trends and techniques to drive the solutions we create.
- Iterate to create: You will be part of the core product team that build the products we make. We run agile projects, so doing iterations and refinements is a familiar rhythm for us. Using your communication, research and analysis skills you will influence the direction/goal of each iteration.
- Workflow: You will use Figma for our design work, components and storyboard prototyping. We are building out a design system template to be used with our customers and you will have the opportunity to impact our tools and process.
- You have worked with enterprise customers to design complex, data-driven applications for core business processes.
- You deeply consider the end user, not just the moving parts and interactions that need to take place, but also the context they perform those interactions in - all while considering the desired strategic goals of our clients. Experience in research with users and interpreting behavioral data and analytics to drive design is critical.
- You are comfortable leading customers through strategic conversations around business processes, personas, journey mapping, and ‘day in the life’ exercises.
- You are experienced with cloud-based design tools for wireframing, creating design components, screen mockups, and clickable prototypes, preferably with Figma.
- You work closely with a development team that prefers to take a modular/component-based approach. Consistency and re-usability is a key consideration in design and development for us.
- You have a mature outlook and are motivated to improve the overall skill level of the team because you know this makes your job easier.
- You are pragmatic and incorporate change where it demonstrates value to your process and to the customer/client experience.
- You are not tied to your designs and willing to accept edits from the customer even when you disagree with their opinions.
- You have worked with the Salesforce stack before including Lightning UI and Lightning Design System.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Trineo is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Trineo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
- Work From Home