About the role
It is paramount that technical solutions put forward by the Trineo Salesforce team are of the highest quality and follow best practices. The new Principal Engineer, Salesforce role acts as a senior technical contributor to both clients and internal team members. They have responsibility for ensuring that all technical solutions follow best practices, are of a high standard, and minimise any risk to Trineo or our clients.
What you’ll do
- Actively mentor and coach all Salesforce engineers on technical skills irrespective of their reporting lines. This will take the form of planned recurring feedback and ad hoc requests for advice
- Act as Architect / Principal Engineer and be positioned with clients as someone we bring in to plan and review complex technical solutions, charging appropriate rates
- Contribute to projects as either Architect or Senior Engineer with a target of being 50% billable
- Act as the Salesforce Practice Security Lead
- Play a key part of the hiring process for technical roles
- Contribute to onboarding processes and activities for new technical hires
- Responsible for defining and maintaining our technical quality and best practices of the Salesforce development team
- Participate in various planning meetings to ensure the development point of view is put forward and the right technical skills are put forward for the requirements of any given project.
- Evaluate new Salesforce products and features and develop a point of view. Contribute to the strategic technical evolution of the Salesforce practice and determination of what services we offer, making recommendations to the SFLT.
- Support and participate in the sales process, presenting a technical point of view to current and potential customers. Sign off on the technical solutions being positioned in Statements of Work.
What You May Also Do
- Attend relevant industry events and training
- 10+ years of development experience on any platform
- 5+ years of development experience on Salesforce.com
- One or more Salesforce Application or System Architect certifications
- Working towards being a Certified Technical Architect
- Understanding of common security standards and laws such as OWASP and GDPR
- An understanding of how the internet works and the ability to apply this to designing and debugging applications that live online. E.g. caching, DNS, SSL, domains, traceroute
- Experience integrating with other systems using commons patterns and API protocols.
- Already a Salesforce Certified Architect
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Trineo is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Trineo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, colo[u]r, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.